Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sandee's

Before arriving in South Lancaster, I was vaguely aware of a neighborhood establishment, usually revolving around food, where there were regulars and a kind of mini-community existed. Now I know they exist in New York City, but it seems hard to cultivate. In the city there are so many people and so many new things happening every day that the time and energy to cultivate such a regular bond with one establishment is hard.

That's why I kinda like Sandee's so much. It's a little diner right down the street from the school and they serve some of the biggest fish & chips portions ever. The chef knows me. A number of the waitresses know me. And I just get a warm feeling for the two minutes I'm in there picking up food. Guess it's just nice to have something else to return to in this ever changing world

No comments: