Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ummm Why Am I Not Doing A & R

So I was just driving with Coffee Bean & M. Low at Wendy's and the radio was turned down. But I heard a familiar beat and turned it up when we hit the drive through window. It was Justin Timberlake with T.I. off his new album. Wait a minute. Isn't that the song I've been bumping ever since I obtained an illegal copy from an unnamed friend on a message board? This continues my string of picking singles from albums before they're even out.

With T.I., I picked "Why You Wanna" way before it was a single. Boy Wonder was almost annoyed with how much I played it but then he came around. And "Shake It Off" was number one on my playlist way before the Clear Channel conglomerate played it out.

Should I just suck it up and make myself subservient to the music industry for a spell so that my long term genius can shine through? Oh the dilemmas of life.

No comments: