Friday, September 29, 2006

Leave Of Absence

No posts yesterday but for good reason. Yesterday I picked up my last morning shift of the week. Except I was there till 2 pm as opposed to my usual 9 am bouncing. I was going to blog form the intervention room at the school, but then one of my boys started to get unfocused so I began to give him a talk on the different levels we attain psychologically. He i sone of the smarter ones and can handle it.

It's funny how smart you can be when you are dispensing advice to others though. Because right after he got himself settled and I sent him back to class, he was back in intervention within 10 minutes. He went off on a rampage about how it wouldn't have happened if his teacher was in the room, blaming it on the teacher's aide's presence. But then I started to tell him to take responsibility for his actions and to start to think of ways to handle it more appropriately. I wish I could use that advice for myself sometime.

Anyway it was a pretty cool day in school. I like working in the school because I get to interact with a lot of kids that I wouldn't normally see. And personally it owrks out for me because I love to talk and figure kids out, try to help them along in the 5 minutes I get. And I think the kids like it too, because it's someone new and they're getting attention and well it's just good. Plus I like when in future visits they remember my name. Just proves that for a glimpse I made a positive impact. Everybody deserves some love and I'm just trying to give out what I can.

After that, I went to an outlet plaza about 45 minutes away with my co-worker. Purchased more hoodies and some Timberland boots so that was worthwhile. Then I collapsed. For like four hours. Supposedly I even got a phone call from Wolf Fighter, had a conversation, and then went back to sleep. That is how tired I was.

Afterwards I went to Applebee's with Coffee Bean and Bonsi. And then we went to a bad bar where there was karaoke. And yes I did partake in the devil's brew. I had resisted the urge at Applebee's but in the air of social hour, I guess I succumbed. And realized again what a worthless expenditure of time and money alcohol is. Really it doesn't do much. It kind of eased the headache that was forming, but sleep could have taken care of that much better. All in all a stupid move. So that was the leave of absence for my brain.

This morning I woke up and my room was a mess. I have to study my patoot off. Sabbath is approaching. I am really happy for that. I think I am going to immerse myself in Jesus this Sabbath more than I have recently. I've let our relationship slip recently. The concerns of the world sadly are a bit too distracting.

No comments: