Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dame Espacio

So Three's Company (Banana, Wolf Figther, and I) went out for a spell last night just to chill. On our way back from chilling there was a blowout between the girls. Seems Banana's tensions had been rising for a while. I had talked with her earlier on the phone and she just vented that she didn't feel like she was getting her personal space from the Fighter. So when she took a more circuitous route and was dropping Fighter off before me, even though logically the reverse would have made more sense in an efficiency sort of way, Fighter called her on it and just went onto an outlandish zone with accusations and assertions.

It's sad. I know Banana loves Fighter. And in her own weird way Fighter loves Banana but it comes across somewhat ummm misunderstood. But no matter it got me thinking about space and what we need from people. There are certain people that you don't mind them being in every nook and cranny of your life either because of right (parent) or just earned status (significant other). But for most other levels that information should be volunteered and even then it's stratified so that not everyone is getting the same amount of stuff. I won't lie. Some people just won't know about where I will be on certain nights while some will. It's just a fact of life.

I hope they make amends. Friendships shouldn't be lost over silliness like that. I also hope that communication improves for all of us cause I will not be the proverbial wishbone.

No comments: