Sunday, September 24, 2006

M & M's

You know as I scroll through my text messages and the silly banter I was going through with Untouchable in texts, I realize that I am most passionate in conversations that discuss either marriage or music. Untouchable and I were going back and forth about decorating ideas because she had gone to Target and picked out bedding and we were going through our ideal situations. Then I started thinking about how obsessive I am over baby names and thinking about what schools my kids will attend or what shows they will watch. Are these the appropriate thoughts of a man who is still trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life?

And then I started to think about how much music means to me and how passionate I get when I talk about it. I spent like 20 minutes telling a kid how an iPod worked and all the history of the music that he liked. By the end he was so distracted that he couldn't even remember why he was in trouble. I get like verbal diarrhea when I start talking about music to the point that I know people must roll their eyes and silently wish for me to shut up. But that's just me. I don't know what it means about me or what but it's just worth mentioning anyway.

No comments: