Friday, September 29, 2006

El Corazon

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no can figure out.
- Jeremiah 17:9 (NIV, NLT, The Message)


Wednesday Lady Godiva was filling me in on the many developments and emotions associated with her life (which I will not divulge but would encourage her to in an even more possibly interesting blog than mine, which should be called Krama Magnet) and we both mentioned the profoundness of this verse. Today, my brain has slowed down to the point where I am actively processing that sentiment again and I'm really trying to understand the damn thing. But my brain won't let me.

Or maybe just like the verse says, I don't have the capacity. No one does I guess. I don't know why I am drawn to the things I am drawn to or why I hold on to the things I hold on to. It's troubling at times because there are things I want to let go and things I would like to possess but I feel like my heart won't let me do it. Confusion is the only order of the day it seems at times.

I feel quite maudlin all of a sudden. That's not too great. Deliverance will come.

No comments: