Sunday, October 08, 2006

Thinking Is Wonderful

So I returned to work today to find that I would be heading to the Crisis Unit to sit with one of our boys. The pro in this is that I don't have to worry about waking kids up or getting them to go to breakfast and I get waited on by the lovely staff of another program cause basically I cannot leave my charge. The con is that there is absolutely nothing to do there. The place is stripped bare so as not to entertain any child that is there. The night awakes bring their usual entertainment devices cause they were expecting to need to be entertained. We poor day staff are screwed.

But this time around it was a blessing. There are a couple of magazines and this time there was a copy of "The Atlantic" and it was relatively recent. Thinking that, I would need to stretch out its life, I didn't just skim through it but rather I read every article I touched word for word. And it was so fantastic. I forgot how great it is to think. And it aroused my love of politics and all the issues and minutiae that determine the course of human events. I was seriously tired but as I read it was like my brain was taking a stretch. And it was oh so good.

No comments: