Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Deuteronomy 11:18

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads."

Luna pointed this verse out to me as possible evidence of an endorsement of jewelry. Personally I've never had a problem with jewelry the way that Adventism seems to. But I wouldn't exactly be rushing my daughters into it either. This verse though does spark some serious thought. If we wear symbolic jewelry does that make it completely okay? And if it does, when do we stop? Are there certain passages we should put over other ones?

The possibilities boggle the mind. I don't think God intended for us to think this much

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're right adam, we do think to much. it does seem like a lot of pointless things are over analyzed in our faith. it's actually really annoying. sometimes the adventist church acts like a cult. some things that should be decided on as individuals we take on as a whole. thus leading ourselves into division, passing judgements, and the lack of understanding. it's sad really. but when it comes to jewelery and this verse... i think that it would be hard for me to change my mind.