Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cruising With Bassline

So this ninja Bassline bloody disappeared on me the last couple of weeks. I was calling with no return. Then dude goes to Florida to attend a funeral for a week. But you know the true depth of friendships when you see how you interact after an extended absence. And me and Bassline just flow. Which makes this friendship one of the few ones with guys that will be worthwhile to keep.

So he called me Thursday to see how my test went and I found out he was coming to do some business in New York and was returning on Saturday. Naturally I invited myself on the ride to save cash.

And off we went. And awesome it was. Except for the crappy traffic conditions, it was a great time. Caught up on our relationships and just bonded over the general fact that our life's outlook is so similar. (Very important quotes in the CMU catalog: 1) "I am a cipher wrapped in an enigma smothered in secret sauce" - Jimmy James of Newsradio and 2) "I want a girl when I want a girl but when I don't want a girl I want a girl who understands that")

Plus we had great music. Music is so integral to road trips I really don't know how people do without it.

Coupled with my experience with Nitro the other night, friendships are really coming through for me. I always rested upon the fact that as an only child I can keep myself occupied, but I'm realizing more and more how much true interaction with like minded people is for me. I really enjoy and cherish those moments.

No comments: