Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Responsibility

Today I ran my first shift since I got my official promotion on Sunday.

I was a tad short of breath as I walked into work today. Some knots were threatening to do damage in my stomach. But I sat there during staff meeting and I was so relaxed I almost fell asleep to the video we were watching.

And from that point on, it was smooth sailing. There were a couple of missteps and oversights but that was just first time jitters I guess. Things went pretty well considering. Only had 1 hold and 5 cool downs and totally quiet after 6 p.m. which is saying something. I know it wasn't me. I luckily had the good fortune of working with very good staff that don't need to be told what to do all the time and take care of their ness. But it was a charge all the same.

And I really liked it. I like being in charge. I guess I've always noticed that I like being influential and being in control, but I've always shied away from the real big kahuna spot. But it was really fun and I wonder why I never tried it before. Maybe I shouldn't be so scared of this real world.

No comments: