Friday, October 13, 2006

I Am Typing With One Hand

Was the other one maimed in some freak accident? Did one of my kids bite through one to the point where it has been rendered dysfunctional? Nah. It's just wrapped around Luna. At some point I'll have to let her go, but not yet. This is too comfortable.

I was in 65 degree weather when I woke up. I now inhabit a place that is 31 and presents a slight dusting of snow. But I feel warmer than I felt this morning when I unfurled myself sweaty from too many blankets. And yes she is that special.

Her hair is not frizzy today. It must be cooperating due to my presence. Smart hair.

She is even better in person, and I wonder why I was nervous in the first place. My body knew what it was doing when it took all the steps to make it here and not turn around. Now I have barbecue in my belly, chai charging my chakras, and Luna lifting my spirits. You might not see me here for a while. Know that I am happy in my absence. Now let me use the other hand to hug her properly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, i love your blogs. please be a writer forever.