Monday, October 16, 2006

People Are So Rebellious

Okay you know when you're in the plane and they start telling you to turn off all your electronic equipment so everybody in the plane doesn't die. Yeah I personally am a fan of the rule. Hard core.

So why was the guy next to me playing on his Blackberry until the flight attendant actually had to pause, ask him to stop, and make sure he did it? Like was whatever you were doing that important to hold up the damn flight? Seriously

What happened to this country? About 10 years ago, cell phones were a novelty. Now they're ubiquitous to regular life. I won't lie. I carry mine around all the time, sometimes to the displeasure of the people I am with (i.e. Coffee Bean). But I know when enough is enough. And I wouldn't die if I didn't have it.

Why are we so preoccupied with time? And if we have all these tools to make the most out of it, why do we seem to be enjoying it less?

I heard a great sermon on Sabbath about how important that day of rest is. Sad people don't really get to enjoy time any more

1 comment:

Crystal DC said...

my friend was just recommending "Tuesday's with Morrie" (is that right?) anyway, we were discussing the same issue. crazyness.