Saturday, October 14, 2006

Is The World This Small?

So here I am in the banal stretches of wasteland that is Michigan, thinking I know no one but Luna and my dear friend Miss Lady. But as soon as I walk into this worship service, I see one of my old associates in school. She introduces me to her fiance who actually was a housemate of my godbrother when they went to college in Alabama. Then I saw another associate from school who had moved up north to this institution and then she introduced me to her 2-year old daughter.

If you can tell, the unexpected encounters did not cease. By the end I had seen people from church, acquaintances of acquaintances, and old family friends and their too-grown-up children. It amazes me how small the world is. And how much everyone is changing. It's kind of comforting though knowing that no corner of the earth has not been touched by someone that you know.

No comments: