Saturday, April 07, 2007

Time Capsule

I am on my way back from a very fulfilling trip to the city. But the text messages are blowing up and my phone chooses to inform me that the inbox is 95% full. I should mention that the phone I am referring to is one I haven't used since we moved to the house cause for some reason it dosn't work in here. So as I am going through the text messages, it all takes me back to December and previous and a whole host of conversations and emotions that seem so distant but are actually pretty recent.

In three or four months so much has changed. My outlook on life has really done a turnaround. Close to the end of the year, I was beginning to retreat into myself but there were still glimpses of promise. When I turn on my current phone, there's a whole different vibe to the texts. They're more lively, as opposed to the maudlin tone many of the December ones take. It's amazing how drastic a turnaround can occur and how quickly it all goes down too.

Time capsule is just one more feature the cell phone companies can use in marketing efforts. It would get the nostalgia junkies and self-analyzation junkies to switch plans.

No comments: