Friday, April 13, 2007

Oh Just Something I Noticed

Just got off the phone with Socrates and something he said struck me kind of deep. As we were getting off the phone he told me to go get a story and holla at him soon cause I had a way of telling stories. Now I don't say that to blow myself up. I say it because it totally caught me off-guard. Here I am thinking that I was taking the most out of the relationship as I sat back and basked as Socrates spit from his soapbox. See he can talk about anything - politics, celebrities, his own family - with total comfort and humor. I end up laughing my head off. So whenever I spoke, I viewed it as just fodder for him to make even more entertainment or insight. i never really viewed myself as much of an active participator. But he said that I had a way with the stories that I guess entertained him.

And it made me think how peculiar human connection is. Somehow we got what we needed from each other without explicitly stating it to each other or possibly even understanding it ourselves. Cool

No comments: