Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Parallels Are Unsettling

If you're wondering why I am up at this hour reserved for medical professionals, morning show hosts, teachers, and crack addicts, its because I took the supervisor's keys home last night by accident and I was up early in the hopes of calling the morning supervisor who actually lives in my neighborhood to come pick them up on his way in. Sadly the one number they had for him at work led me to a young woman's voice mail. I'll be in early anyway.

But being up has obviously thrown a wrench in my sleep pattern and as I try to lull myself to sleep, I'm noticing that my methods of returning to Slumberland eerily resemble our boys. There are certain sleep patterns that I never shed from childhood. To this day, if I'm sedentary for long enough and my body senses the need to slep, I involuntarily start sucking my tongue. Other people actually had to point it out to me. And I can't do it on my own. It really just happens and most times I don't notice it until its transpired for a while. I also sometimes end up sleeping with my ass up high and my legs crossed together exactly as I did as a ababy (I've seen the pictures).

Right now though, I have my DVD on, which one of my boys was asking for last night. That's not so peculiar. Lots of people fall asleep to some noise. But as I turnedit on and I was still having trouble I really started to rock slighly which is something I used to do with more frequency even in adulthood. But one of my boys is notorious for that. It's like his calling card. Maybe I'm just up too early.

No comments: