Thursday, April 19, 2007

Banana

I know it's late, but as I finished the last blog about my day at work, my mind wandered to this topic and I thought it should have its own special arena.

Sometimes the Lord does the amazing with the most unexpected of instruments. Once again, I refer to that devil of MySpace. But because of it, I have my friend Banana, and once again I am in its debt.

I did know her through work but it was she who initiated out of work contact through the MySpace message. And soon we were chilling. And that chilling has grown into living together with her sister at the Milk Street Mansion. Who would have thought a Caucasian from Central Mass and a black guy from Brooklyn would grow to be very good friends. Then again, we're not exactly the stereotypes from those places either. Banana might be the only member of her family who doesn't listen to country voluntarily (the rotation is rhythmic and bluesy) and I like going to the opera. Go figure.

But somehow we mesh. Whether its at work or if we're chilling at the Mansion. She indulges my endless blather about nothing on our car rides to and from work. Man she gives my broke non driving behind rides! Man she's the reason I got a place to live! We joke about being broke and the crazy people (staff) at work and also try to figure out what the hell we're gonna do with our lives. Plus she's included me in her awesome family from time to time and that's been an amazing blessing as well. She's awesome and I have God and MySpace to thank for her being in my life.

I'll never be able to repay her but I love her with all my heart. And the next time one of my clients mentions the unspeakable someone's getting a dropkick.

No comments: