Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Got That Icy S On My Chest

An adapted allusion to Superman via Fabolous but I did feel like that at certain points of the day. Was it my tad too small sweater which emphasized my musculature or just the way things got handled all day? Probably a touch of both, but I think the sweater had more to play into it.

We were in early today for a training that was really an infomercial about all the administrative restructuring taking place. I learned that my position was technically being eliminated, but we already knew that. I still get to keep my salary so no sweat. It still burned me a little. I guess you earn something and you'd like to keep it but then I stepped back and realized that it wasn't that deep. If I was there any longer I would have cared, but as time winds down, one more way God is blessing.

So my turn to run shift in the Wednesday rotation. On Sunday, we played all day and even had a cookout. Three days later, it's snowing?!?!??!?! And it is sticking. Why is it sticking? There goes the safe community trip and any other trip since there's a van ban in place. Whatever, the boys are copasetic for the most part. Then our newest charge decided to bolt away from my boy Mocha so we did a sick transport. Textbook. Mocha's mom, who wrote our training manual, would have been proud. And after we were done with the chair, I uncharacteristically threw a chair. Luckily, none of the kids saw it.

Throughout the day, kids were wilin' out. I mean poor space with each other. Threatening each other with belts. Just plain smacking staff cause they felt like it. I swore there was a full moon at least twice to two different staff. Then I had to go over to the house where Banana works cuase one of their kids had smashed a whole in his wall and had a belt around his neck. So we got that off and we talked him down without the need for a hold. But thank God I went when I did. Banana's co-worker just called for male staff, forgetting to even say where she was. Cause those girls would not have been able to get him where he needed to be.

Then I ran back and the house was quiet and shift report still needed to be done plus oodles of paperwork to be signed.

Hectic. Unpredictable. Regulated though and all with my cool intact.

I do have skin made of adamantium though

No comments: