Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Obligatory Barbershop Post


Since I arrived in the city much later than usual, I had to hustle down to get my cut since I had a busy day tomorrow. Plus it's Good Friday so everybody and they momma gonna be up in chairs looking to be nice for Easter Sunday. Just in time for Jeopardy I placed my butt in the chair.


But as I sat down and dude starts cutting, the guy I usually see steps back in with his evening snack. He and the barber cutting my hair playfully jaw about "taking his customer." And that's an unavoidable element of the barbershop, competition. Like when I came in, the barber that did cut my hair was sitting towards the entrance and waiting to meet all comers. Now someone to his right was just chilling in the cut and his eventual customer actually came and searched him out. Always interesting.

Jeopardy was good. I got Final Jeopardy right too though I can't even remember what I answered. Plus I'm clean so who can complain.

No comments: