Monday, September 03, 2007

Sunshine Chronicles #7

To begin our last day in Orlando, I was awake rather early. Like 4:30 a.m. Why was I so restless? Who knows, but I couldn't simmer down. I browsed the internet. I ate fruit. I read bits of religious text. I took pictures of myself.



I finally got to bed, but I rose rather early and went running in my aunt's cul de sac wearing exactly the outfit from the picture. For some reason it slipped my mind I was in Florida in summer. Even though I was running before the sun was its most deadly, I was a drenched by the time I returned. I actually fetched ice chips and made myself a bootleg ice bath.


Once that was done, I sat for a mini breakfast with my aunt, uncle and mom. Soon we were talking of family and I naturally had questions about relations and lineage. Soon I had a pencil and paper and was sketching things out. Next thing you know I'm volunteered to compile all the neat information I gathered into a neat little printout for the whole family. Thanks Mom. I don't mind though.


I know most my age think of a true vacation as one that has some bits of debauchery as hallmarks of the break, but I enjoy this family time just as much. Our family is small and for some reason I really don't want lose any part of it. Whatever I can learn of its past is good, even if it is incomplete.

No comments: