Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lazy Morning

Mira made the comment about how great the potential was for the laziness of this morning, so I decided to act upon it. After I wrote an e-mail to a clinician about one of my boys, I sorted my laundry and then put in a load. After that burst of productivity, it was sheer slothyness (term borrowed from Friends of Mira. All Rights Reserved) from then on.

When I threw on the TV, I was disappointed to see that my usual dose of Sports Center was delayed for live action from the Women's World Cup. Now I can say that I love sports, even women's soccer, not exactly a popular choice amongst the heterosexual male. But I wanted football highlights and baseball. Women's World Cup can wait till the round of 16. Or at least if the Americans were on. Instead the matchups were Japan : England and Nigeria : Sweden. Yeah. But I got over myself and actually the soccer was pretty exciting at points. That British girl Katie Smith is a beast. I'd like to say it was th e training she got at the American university that is the cause.

My patience was rewarded with a 90-minute Sports Center featuring two of the network's more dry, random humorists. Is it wrong that I not only watch the show for the sports highlights but actually for the entertainment in it? Those guys are funny sometimes. Actually most of the time. And yeah I do have favorites. But it was just what the doctor ordered.

And now the music finally joins the proceedings and I immediately think of a new blog for my media site, because Ma$e was a star that burned out too quick. He was a much better version of Fabolous, before Fabolous. And I like Fabolous.
----------------
Now playing: Ma$e - Lookin' At Me (feat. Puff Daddy)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: