Thursday, September 13, 2007

Encore

After a two hour conversation with Mira that largely revolved around work matters, I'm inspired to share more examples of goodness my boys exhibited today.

- The seven year old I mentioned before wanted to play Sorry! again with imaginative dice. He actually found me to play it. And earlier when he ran in to our meeting, he immediately stopped, looked around at all the adults with serious expressions and said "Smells like a meeting in here." He then proceeded to run to his room and dive on the bed. He also advised a client to go sleep in their room so he wouldn't be disrupting. That's our 7 year old mentally retarded resident.

- I did play an intense game of Ultimate Frisbee. It was probably the best organized sport activity during my tenure. It helps that it was four overgrown male staff getting ultra competitive and luckily the kids bought into it enough to avoid most issues. Mocha was showing off his grass stains as badges of honor.

And now I get to sleep till whenever and recover from such a festive week.

No comments: