Friday, August 11, 2006

The Unnamable

I promised to give this topic some space of its own, just because the situation warrants it.

So recently I have referred with increasing frequency to Lady Justice/Jive Turkey who will now be called Jane Eyre. There is so much to say, but as expansive as my vocabulary is, I'm not sure you will completely understand me by the end of it, but here's a taste.

I met her visiting Coffee Bean. She is the cousin of our mutual friend Bonsi. We ate, we laughed, we played spoons, we laughed some more. Just a nice chill night. When I went home that evening I decided to send her a friend request on my most favortiest thing (why can't you put words in sarcasm like it was bold?) MySpace. Contrary to my usual modus operandi, I sent an accompanying message with it. Why did I do this? I'm not sure. I was feeling playful. I was feeling intimidated, like if she denied my request for some reason I would have totally understood and moved on, like she had a right to do that, like I was unworthy. So I sent a well crafted message to melt her imagined defenses. That's not the air she presented in the evening, but I just got this distinguished quality from her that night. Overall I thought that she could handle it all. The wittiness, the randomness that is Adam Carnegie. I don't know why I felt that after just three hours but I did.

And I was right. Because in the three weeks since, I have been amazed at how easy it is to talk with her. About everything. She already knows faults of mine I often hide from myself. And she never runs away. She consistently prods for more information and she just encourages and is just wonderful and is an active participant in it all.

And she sings beautifully. She writes beautifully. She adores creativity and culture. And she's spiritually grounded people. Not to mention she is also physically attractive on top of her amazing personality and aura. She has this crazy frizzy-curly hair thing happening that always made me stare at the girls in the city that had a similar hairstyle. Great eyes too. I am amazed that she exists.

Did I mention it was so easy to talk to her? We can talk about our favorite swear words to our favorite Bible verses in a five minute period with no break. The phone conversations we do have are never enough yet they feel like forever. In less than 21 days, this girl has gone from a non-entity to a possible addiction. Right now she is most certainly a habit. And as far as I can tell she will grow to be more. I'm very cautious about this, even though I feel like doing cartwheels (which I've never been good at) on a regular basis. I can honestly say that I have never felt so genuinely happy with knowing another person so soon.

For some reason God put us states apart with more to follow when she returns to school. But as chaotic as my life is right now, I'm trying to figure out the next time I'll see her because it easily became one of the top 10 things I have to do. I'm praying about her and this which we have not named, probably cause we're both protective of something that feels so good and we're protective of ourselves. But it's good. Nee great. And I plan on enjoying it in perpetuity.

No comments: