Friday, August 04, 2006

The Denny's Experience

I know I've written about Denny's before but that was a more therapeutic and positive experience. Matter of fact, when me and Bassline went on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning it was actually totally fun. Discussed Bassline's past liaisons with the waitress, received excellent service from the waiter, shared secrets that continue to firm up our brotherly bond.

But Thursday night/Friday morning was a whole nother basket of bread. (Where did I come up with that? Heaven only knows)

As soon as we walk in, some posers from the Twin Cities of Massachusetts (more like twin Exurbs) give us these stupid glares. Like they see two black guys walk in, they don't know them, so they're already sizing up a possible altercation (they were also black by the way). Maybe it was because I was wearing an all black ensemble including a tank top (I hate calling it a wifebeater) that showed off my tattoos and Bassline had his Yankees fittted tipped ever so slightly. Whatever.

Then they took like forever to seat us which made no sense cause we were the only ones waiting and the place wasn't that busy. After we sat it did start to get busy and we finally figured out why. It was Thursday night, the unofficial start to the weekend. So when the bars closed, the idiots came to the only spot that was open. Furthermore, we also realized that Thursday night is the night that the bars and clubs usually make it open for 18+ as opposed to the usual 21+ so that explained why the clientele was so young, which after my previous post you can tell was just more perturbing.

The meal was actually good. Best fries I've ever had there. But the service sucked. The damn cinnamon apples I ordered with my chicken strips came after I had finished the meal. She offered her apologies and I said "Nah. That's okay. It's just like dessert." She didn't pick up the hint cause 20 minutes later after we had stacked plates at the edge of the table to signal our desire to go, she still asked if we wanted dessert. I doubt Bassline tipped her.

Thank God for good fries and irresponsible reggae on the ride home.

No comments: