Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bad Energy

I am not the biggest fan of working the days of the back end shift of my job (Thursday - Saturday). It has nothing to do with the actual days but rather the people that work the shift. They are mean to the children and just not fun people to be around. I am a chameleon and I'm pretty sure they don't recognize my distaste but nonetheless, today I felt extra bad energy from them.

Surprisingly, most of the day went well. And I was supposed to leave at 8 instead of 10 like usual. But wouldn't you know at 7:30, one kid starts provoking another. A third child gets involved and pandemonium ensues. By the end of it, one child got punched in the head. I was doing my best impersonation of a guy trying out to be an offensive lineman holding up the black kid who was charging at the first one for calling him nigger. And I put a kid in a hold and he bit me and I had to grab his shoes cause he threatened to kill himself.

Long story short, I didn't leave until 9:30. At least it was overtime. But it wouldn't have happened if the kids actually had something to do instead of just stand in their doorways and see who would cry uncle first. Uggh. Why do I pick up? Easy. I love those boys and someone has to care about them.

This being a good person thing takes a toll.

No comments: