Monday, December 18, 2006

Yes I Am That Nice

So there I am with a trusty vanilla chai in hand at 7 in the morning amongst my boys. The whole ride I was questioning the wisdom of my decision to work 5 doubles (yeah that's right) in a row. Just as I was getting the message that my body needed a break, I subject it to this punishment. But once I hit that floor though...whew...let me tell you....

Magic.

I just hit the ground runnng. First I got a notorious non-morning child up and changed and down for breakfast which pretty much never happens. Then I got another kid his daily toothbrush and even figured out a way to help him keep them from getting lost all the time. Then in the school, I stopped a kid who was identified as helping one of my boys with a personal struggle some weeks before. And throughout the day I was the designated walker for two of the students who I think managed to do a fantastic job considering all the struggling they could have done. Finally I sensed danger at the end of the day and defused a crisis just at a crucial point.

Now I am taking a break in my MacGuyver like day. What will the night bring?

No comments: