Thursday, December 07, 2006

Memory Retention Is A Bitch

It just occurred to me that I had a not so nice dream last night. And one of the central elements of it was something I barely can consciously remember. But it just illustrates how amazing the mind can be at holding onto stuff and how careful one must be with what it ingests.

Like there are certain words that I will hear and I can remember rhymes or other song lyrics that incorporate the word, and sometimes they are songs that I listened to once or long ago in that weird period we like to call high school.

I used to watch a religious kids series named McGee & Me and one of the songs from it captured the thought perfectly: "Put it in your mind, it's gonna stay right there in your heart"

That's real. Something to think about

No comments: