Sunday, December 03, 2006

Are You Fucking Kidding Me?

Last night during my self-imposed solitude I got a text and a voice mail from Wolf Fighter. I did not respond to either cause that would have signified a reach out to the outside world and it was probably work related and seeing that I would have to be there for 14.5 hours today I wanted to be free of thinking of the boys.

If only I had answered.

So we come into work with the news that one entire wing of the house shouldn't be doing anything because it was chaotic the night before. Seems a boy tore out half of his wall and broke through to the other side. But all we had was an e-mail saying that they shouldn't be doing anything. And Wolf Fighter told me that the supervisor and one of her staff were planning on coming in to make sure that they didn't do anything.

Umm let me check. Are you working today? No. Did you leave a detailed message saying what privileges you hoped would be revoked? No. So damn it me and Latte gonna do what we gotta do according to the information that's presented to us. And honestly it was a fantastic day. The boys all took their consequences without resistance. I watched a complete football game and an entertaining episode of Drake & Josh.

Now wall-ripper returns from the Crisis Unit and breaks down the night. Seems that another boy threw a phone at another staff and punched her. Now this is the first I'm hearing of it but it's at 9:30 at night. The kid did the consequence we thought he deserved but then he was playing. if we had known he threw a phone he would have been doing jack all day. Now obviously it looks like we let kids get away with murder when that occurs, but then how can we do anything else when we have no details about what transpired.

Please don't say I don't get my shit done when it is in fact you being unable to handle your shit that makes it look like I can't handle my responsibilities. Join a sorority and step your game up or just shut the fuck up.

No comments: