Thursday, December 14, 2006

Movies Seep Into The Subconscious

I happened to go to Blockbuster on my disappointed Saturday and I picked up Kissing Jessica Stein. Now this movie I discovered some late night on Cinemax and I distinctly remember wanting to see it. The basic plot is that a single girl so fed up with the dating scene randomly decides to go the lesbian route in a chance happening. Cute, funny little movie. Glad it's in my library.

The main point of this post is that there is a point where one of the characters refers to a relationship and says "Let it marinate." The next character even remarks about the novelty of using marinate as a verb and not refer to cooking. Now I use that line all the time. Funny how the chance viewing of a movie so long ago controlled my speech patterns year after its original arrival. Amazing. Simply amazing.

No comments: