Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Skype Skype Skype

I had heard about this little invention a while ago but wasn't exactly rushing to use it because a) it seemed like work I didn't need to do and b) no one to share it with. Alas, back into my life sails Ms. Lady Godiva, long away but thankfully returned. She is currently stationed in Korea doing a missionary stint teaching English to the well, not poor but when you don't know English how rich can you be? So she was like we could Skype and she was sadly disappointed that I could not.

So bleeding heart that I am, I downloaded the program and I went to Circuit City to pick up some headphones with a mic so I could participate and at least make someone happy. Lo and behold it made 2 people happy. Here she miles upon miles away. And we're talking with pretty clear reception (slight delay but when it's free who's complaining). This is just a fantastic invention.

Anyway I was up until the wee hours of the night having the most wonderful conversation with one of the most wonderful people there is. Add my name to the testimonial list for Skype. I'm even going to use it as a verb from now on.

No comments: