Thursday, June 01, 2006

Complacency

The American Heritage Dictionary of the English language defines complacency as so: 1. A feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, especially when coupled with an unawareness of danger, trouble, or controversy. 2. An instance of contented self-satisfaction.

I define complacency as a mistress that will lead you down the road of heartbreak and sadness. Complacency is like a booty call number at the end of your black book. It's so reliable that you're a fool not to call it up on a regular basis to give you what you need: ignorance from any possible situation that might be unfavorable to you.

It's a dangerous place to visit and one I am sad to say am quite familiar with. I could be the mayor. But time has arrived to move on. So now that I spent the last hour doing jack and spent another 3 minutes writing this, I should get on with doing things that are really productive. Time to get on the ball.

No comments: