Thursday, June 15, 2006

Ducky & The Camel

So as one of my ongoing traditions, I often meet up with Nitro (affectionate called Ducky by our friend Camel) for expeditions in the city. Usually this involves dinner and some show, though sometimes we just do the meal. So here I am with a week of vacation and Nitro is actually hustling in the city for her summer assignment. But then Camel has just quit her job and has oodles of time to spare. Group expedition.

More explanation: Nitro and Camel were suitemates of my former girlfriend. Amazingly after all the smoke cleared, they were still my friends. Crazy how that maturity thing works.

So since Camel had more time, we met up down in Greenwich Village and just browsed around the Strand and its endless parade of books. It was great surveying the books on each aisle and just joshing and being silly like those marathon sessions back in their room. We even found this crazy Kama Sutra book that I had to purchase.

Next we headed uptown and met up with our little lawyer Nitro and had dinner at some Italian place around her job. That was pretty great too. I must say its just nice sometime to go out and have fun and have cool mature conversation with people who can work on your level. Its rare in life but I've been blessed with more than one set of friends that I am capable of doing that with.

Anyway, we went and got some ice cream (no one told me about Cold Stone) and then me and Nitro went to see a production of Macbeth at Shakespeare in the Park (cool experience; performance was kind of flat)

Anyway fun day that not one could complain about. One more way my adventure continues.

No comments: