Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Spirit World

Today I wanted to speak to my grandmothers. Actually I did. Then I remembered I didn't believe such things were possible. But for a moment I wish I did.

The allure of all things mystical is special to me because they allegedly offer insight into one's personality. Give me a personality test and I'll take it. So when the alignment of stars during the time I was born will give me insight into who I am and will be in the future, sign me up for the reading.

Now check that last statement. It's stupid. The stars tell me that I will work best with people born in certain months. Or if we take the Chinese version that I will work best with those from certain years. If I combine the two will that be the penultimate relationship? It's stupid.

Yet I can't shake the entertainment of it all. At least that's what I tell myself. Maybe I'll do it for my grandmothers

No comments: