Friday, May 12, 2006

A Special Vow

In the aforementioned post I mentioned that I was speaking with my aunt. Well in the course of conversation, I remarked that I hadn't let a razor touch my head since March. Little did I know I was making Biblical reference at the time.

So she called me a Nazirite and as I usually do when I don't know something while I'm online, I looked it up. Seems that it is the basis for dreadlocks amongst Rastafarians. More interesting is all that it entails.

I think at this crossroads of my life that measures beyond what I would have considered are necessary. So since I already have the hair and I decided to throw away my "strong drink" and I don't need to eat raisins, I think I will continue my hair growing and dedicate myself to the Lord. I need a special bridge and connection to make it seem a whole lot more real. Along with this fasting Sabbath (just water and Gatorade), this is the beginning of a whole new relationship with Christ. I intend to keep it this time.

No comments: