Saturday, March 03, 2007

On A March Sabbath

Just some quick notes during my day trip to the city

- iPods are great to drown out inane Spanish conversations and sassy Black mamas mad at all men.

- The whole defending your character thing from last week's Sabbath School discussion is making more sense. You really can't go out of your way. You can just act and do what you need to do and hope for the best.

- Getting a random compliment from a West Indian woman smoking a Newport is really fulfilling at 8 in the morning.

- How exactly does one approach an attractive young lady in the subway? Not that I was trying. (Reasons: It's Sabbath; Not ready for a relationship; How much can you learn about someone on the train?)

- I think I might have a chemical dependency on the city. As soon as I touched pavement, I swear there was an added jump to my step and a smile on my face. I actually have to work at containing it. Is this the most conducive environment for me to study? God will answer I guess.

- Moms are the best. Dads are pretty awesome too. Especially mine.

And now to get ready for church.

No comments: