Friday, March 30, 2007

A Circle Is Not An Acceptable Shape

Yesterday, I was so proud of myself for actually following through and going for a run. I got fresh air. A little more familiar with my surroundings.

However, after the endorphin high wore off, I was left with soreness in places I forgot existed. Every time I moved, I swear I heard something else crack. That's not healthy. At all. Where did I get it in my twisted mind that the occasional hold and random sprint after a child was a sufficient workout regimen?

I wasn't deterred though. I woke up again earlier than I wanted. The plan was to watch SportsCenter and then head back to bed once my body realized it wasn't feeling being awake. Maybe my body was revolting. Maybe the athletic achievements being displayed gave me subconscious motivation. During a commercial break, I grabbed the iPod and changed.

And away I went. I actually felt better when I started than yesterday. But the shoelace came off, which made me lose my groove. And I never got it back. And I'm a very groove motivated kind of guy. In past experiences, I've gone farther than I wanted just because of the groove. Alas not today. I couldn't string together a continuous stretch that satisfied me. At least this time I didn't get lost.

So when I got home, I remembered that I needed to stop the timer. And it came under 30 minutes. I know that is nothing to be extremely joyous about but considering I kept stopping to walk, it's not terrible. Add on that this is the first time I've run in at least a year.

But let's be honest. It ain't right either. And worse cause I'm 25. My slender physique is the result of a questionably high metabolism that is sure to disappear sooner than later. So a couple of goals in print.

- Same route in 20 minutes in 2 months; Extension of route after that

- More water

- More vitamins

- Learn to cook at a suitable level so I can eat better

That's all I can think of for right now. Now to go down some agua.

No comments: