Saturday, March 17, 2007

Obsession

I've probably touched on this subject before. It definitely occupies a lot of my time, consciously and not. I say this because it's kind of how I've consumed life until this point. I get obsessed about things and absorb them and then they dictate what I do from that point.

Currently I am at the apex of numerous obsessions. I've played a new song by Musiq 41 times in the four days its been in my possession. In the past two weeks, my combined liquor consumption over three separate nights exceeded that of the previous six weeks. I love Werther's Original Candy and I finish them by the bagful. So maybe its not obsession but gluttony, but aren't they related?

I do know that lately I have not been too obsessed with the future and how my life will play out. It's lovely to be so free of that obsession. Somewhere life just ceased to be so serious. I mean its still serious but I mean not to the point where I shut down if it didn't follow the course I would have wished. Breathing is beautiful. So is smiling.

No comments: