Saturday, October 22, 2005

Seriously

I have a fucking wonderful life. There is no reason for me to feel the way I do. No reason for me to dread waking up. No reason for me to avoid the contact of the real world. Let's honestly count up the positives. I have no serious health issues. There is money in my bank account. There is shelter over my head. There is food in my pantry and in my fridge. Most of all, I have an amazing, loving family. The bonus is that I have an amazing network of friends that no MySpace or Hi5 page can ever come close too.

Over the past day, I've had people tell me what a great friend I am, what an active listener I am, how awesome I am. Not to sound cocky or anything, but they're right. I am a good person. Plus, I have a good, solid noggin on my shoulders. I have a wonderful life. And I haven't even been to to the tip of the iceberg yet. I need to get over myself and just get cracking. There is so much I can accomplish. I have to stop worrying about getting it just right. Or else I'll stay at just okay when whatever I do, as long as I'm trying, will be utterly fantastic.

This needs to be the last time I have some grand affirmation about my life. It's time I just do the damn thing and work towards being the even more amazing, wonderful individual that God wants me to be. Thank you Lord for blogging to help me remember this spot exactly.

No comments: