Friday, October 07, 2005

Melanin 2.0

At front desk, I was having an unexpected conversation with my new buddy Bassline and my twin (not name-worthy ready just yet; give him some time). But it ranged all over the place. How the devil really doesn't get involved in individual problems any more and the backwardness of the country. But we started talking about backwardness and we came around to African-Americans. It wasn't a bashing session but rather an airing of frustration over the ignorance of the community. There's a desire to encourage a sameness when our diversity is what makes us so beautiful.

Anyway, after the twin left, Bassline was telling me that his old Jamaican grandmother told him to breakup with his white girlfriend. After worship!!!! And that he should get with a light skinned black girl. Isn't that employing the same kind of racism? That light skinned black girl was the product of some white person getting down with a black one.

Heaven is not going to be some segregated place so why am I just chilling with my "own", who funny enough make fun of me when I don't speak like them or dress a different way. I makes no sense. if the girl of my dreams happens to come in a vanilla shell, caramel, molasses, or butterscotch (I'm hungry), I can't discriminate cause all I'll eat is toffee. The palate is made to appreciate a variety and I'm not limiting myself for some other idiots' expectations

No comments: