Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bite That Tongue

It just occurred to me how often I have to bite my tongue in the air of being tactful and respectful. Case in point, yesterday we had a staff meeting with our Chief Operating Officer and her direct underling going over where our program is after we were in crisis mode over the summer. Finally she actually called on me by name since I was abnormally quiet and the question was over staff morale. I basically made a witty joke about living there so obviously morale is better.

But I was just thinking that I probably wanted to say "Yeah morale must be better because I don't wake up everyday dreading the fact that I have to go to work. And when I get there I don't immediately begin to count down the minutes until I leave. So yeah the fact that I don't have a regular urge to pull out my hair must mean that morale has improved."

See isn't it better when we don't say the first thing that comes to our heads?

Class dismissed

No comments: