Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Where Am I Going?

As I prepare to venture to New York City, I reflect that I am going with Boy Wonder. Because of his presence, I automatically avoid any awkward and uncomfortable conversations with my parents. It's sad that it has deteriorated to that level. There were happy times, but now it just seems as though , well it just is.

So the question now arises about where the hell I am going. The turmoil at my job shook me up. I forgot that I am at the whims of an agency and I really have no control over what they may do to me. Plus the fact that these last couple of times in the city I basically skip around due to the happiness and I have my New York glare back in working form, I realize that a city might be healthiest for me. Or more to the point, a change of scenery.

But where to? There's always home. No rent which opens up the opportunity of doing lesser, yet more interesting work. Socrates might have a space for me, which leaves me in Brooklyn with a friend but then I have to find a more serious hustle. Also there could be the possibility of being in Queens with my cousin but that place is out there. You have to get a Star Trek transporter just to get anywhere. Of course there is the open invitation to Florida, and that's the one I am seriously considering.

First that Cali trip had me appreciate that wonderful celestial being the sun. The sun is great. The sun is beauiful. I don't think I could uproot and move somewhere where I had no base so for now Cali is out of the quetion unless I want to go to school out there. But Hixican Jew has a house and he always says he'd hook me up with a job and a place so it sounds mighty appetizing. Plus I have some weird affinity for the South, even though I've spent minimal time there. I hope God guides me where I need to be cause I'm pretty sure it's not here in Massachusetts.

No comments: