Friday, January 27, 2006

Celebrity

So me and Boy Wonder were walking through the city appreciating the many wonders the streets have to offer. I then spotted a Little Brother promotional van. I looked more closely and thought I actually recognized the two guys in the back of the van as the group members I had seen the previous night. I walked behind them and was basically breathing on them when I finally just popped up and said that I was at the show. They gave me and Boy Wonder pounds and we went on our way.

Of course I appeared cool there but I was skipping on the outside. Shoot I couldn't stop thinking about it for a good 30 minutes after the whole encounter. I obsessed over the fact that I had a camera and didn't even think to take a picture.

So why do we get so giddy over celebrities? As Little Brother proved, they are just regular guys. They were buying winter coats for their sojourn to Minneapolis for their next concert. They had no entourage. They were right there on the street. Maybe it is just the ability to create something that is so wonderful makes us weak in the knees when we see the celebrities we adore. But your momma makes some great food and you don't gush over her. Possible we should start treating the celebrities like everyday people and the everyday people more like celebrities.

No comments: