Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Surprise

I woke up this morning and I seriously didn't want to. It looked nasty outside (confirmed) and I seriously wasn't trying to go to class. The whole sit for 80 minutes and listen to someone talk about something you are usually uninterested in is very unappealing. Especially when you add in the high probability that there will be people making very annoying comments, sleep is a very favorable alternative.

Somehow I got over myself and got my butt in the seat, albeit 10 minutes late. Surprise surprise, I actually missed the classroom setting. When I think about it, I haven't really been in the classroom setting in about a year. This time last year I was beginning to just skip the darn things. In the summer I did the dang thing, but that was broken up by labs and the professor's chill demeanor. Last semester all I had was voice and independent study.

So it was actually kind of cool to be taking notes and listening to classroom discussion. Yeah sometimes people said silly and frustrating things, but I found my tolerance button and used it quite liberally so it was very manageable. Some pain must go with the pleasure of finally completing this stupid B.S.

No comments: