Sunday, January 15, 2006

Eye of the Beholder

A beautiful woman just walked past me. I looked to my right and a woman who was supposedly beautiful was staring at me from a magazine. Attractive maybe, but not beautiful. Then it occurred to me that there are so many fine women that it is incomprehenible to imagine. When I ride the subway in the city, there are so many girls that could be in fashion shoots. Yet they occupy regular jobs like editorial assistant and junior analyst.

So how do these magazine models and celebrity figures we worship get to such an exalted place when normal people are often equal opand sometimes surppass their beauty? I guess some of it's ambition and some is luck. I would implore you to appreciate the beauty around you because those girls are real and can give you more than those model girls can ever give you.

No comments: