Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sweet South Lancaster

When people ask where I go to school, in the past I would shy my head away and just say Massachusetts. For the more inquisitive, I would have to respond "a small town outside of Boston." Most times that would satiate the inquisitor. Straight up, I was just embarrassed to be here. As a proud city boy, it was excruciating to be here.

So its surprising when I say that I've grown to love the place. Even though it's quiet and you can't get a decent bite to eat after midnight, it's not without its charms. I think the thing that has amazed me the most is my discovery of the moon. In the city, you see the moon and you're not really impressed. But out here, the moon means something. Unwalkable streets are well lit during a full moon. It never ceases to amaze me. There's no amount of artificial light that can blow my mind like that.

Plus the fact that people make a point to say hi to you in the street and make eye contact. And I'm closer to a part of my family I was sadly too long without. But South Lancaster is a great place. Still won't live here forever though

No comments: