Friday, August 12, 2005

Floundering....Moi?!?!?!?!

That’s what the somewhat reconciled Drizzle called it. At first I was taken aback, because it just seems so harsh. Have I really become that inactive? Am I just treading water? But in hindsight, it seems I might be.

I am so glad that I discovered my friendship with my Brother From Another Mother. Not only do we have similar and excellent tastes in music and entertainment, but also we both have the same dilemma: young, gifted and black with no idea of what to do with ourselves.

Here we are knowledgeable and skilled cats so paralyzed by uncertainty and fear that our talents are being squandered. BFAM said it best that we were both waiting for a “dare to be great” moment. That was just so on point. We’re not averse to doing great things. We just haven’t been presented with the opportunity.

But instead of waiting for the lotto ticket to blow up, maybe we should go make the opportunity. It’s just that I don’t know where to step. It seems as though there are too many paths and I’m not trying to get on the wrong one. I’ve jacked up things enough already. But maybe failing will lead me to the success. Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments: