Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Aaaaah

It was a lovely autumn day today. The sun was out enough and the air was refreshingly crisp, even when it was a bit too cold. The house at full capacity was actually more manageable and enjoyable than yesterday. I had a playful conversation with a boy who'd had a hangover over the weekend and the boys actually responded to directions without temper tantrums. By 8:30 p.m., it was quiet. And though I got a bit of good natured ribbing about the state of my face the swelling has subsided a bit. The Patriots performed a clinic and so all of New England is happy. And my prescription of my grandfather's elixir (read: cognac) to nurse the tender pains in my jaw and elbow is only helping to accentuate my content mood. Plus I get to go back to my boys tomorrow. Life's not that bad.

(The Mets issued an apology note to all their fans which brought me a bit of comfort and hopefully closure. It's still bittersweet though which is why I didn't include it with the rest of the positive posting. I really don't feel like watching any baseball unless the Red Sox make the Series.)

No comments: