Monday, February 26, 2007

Yesterday: The Chronology

Sunday, February 25, 2007
12:00 am - In the process of getting hammered at the house of Coffee Bean's friend. Karaoke, Guesstures, and Jello shots abound

12:05 am - Joke with Godiva's ex about the Cosmic Shame and such as we view five girls between the ages of 21 - 23 lose their minds to 80s hits

1:00 am - Finally leave said gathering

1:19 am - Totally embarass myself by blowing out my knee on a coffee table in front of The Bahene's mother

1:25 am - Collapse for the night as I listen to the Classical playlist on my iPod

3:45 am - Time of two alleged phone calls that woke up everyone but me. I feel sorry for the poor sap for calling Godiva at that time of night. Thankful to Peurto Ricans everywhere for helping me maintain my sleep.

6:10 am - Time I jump out of bed as The Bahene ask if I am awake. Seems I can sleep through my cell phone alarm too.

6:15 am - Call work to tell them that I'll be late to find that my supervisor has already called out. Panic rises.

6:45 am - Mortified at conditions at work after reading shift reports over the internet

7:00 am - What work? Pass me more French Toast

7:25 am - Begin to leave

7:35 am - Prayer

7:37 am - Awkward goodbye with the Bahene's grandmother

7:45 am - Finally off

7:50 am - First CD change

8:11 am - Second CD change

8:26 am - Adam plugs iPod in Sheeba's ears and corrects words

8:51 am - Want to sleep so bad

9:24 am - Want to sleep worse

9:46 am - Back to the radio as Coffee Bean & I talk about our faults, mine mostly it seems

9:49 am - Godiva calls and is put on speakerphone. Good times

10:11 am - Realize how good God is because he gave us alertness in our travels, even sending Jerusha's phone call to keep our spirits and energy up.

10:25 am - Gangstarr (Godiva's ex) regales us with tales of his expanding business empire. Plug for dubrepublic.com here

10:40 am - Arrive at work to find that I cannot open my mouth. Two holds have occurred. One kid defecated in the solution room. And one of your stronger staff is at another program. Hooray.

11:00 am - Finally use the bathroom like I intended when I first arrived

11:30 am - Slurring words like no one's business

11:45 am - FInd out from co-worker that our superiors think that we let things go.

11:46 am - Seethe into a fury

11:50 am - Man how am I busting my ass to get to work as early as possible only to find that someone doesn't think I do the damn job right. You just can't win.

1:00 pm - Pretty quiet. Gain some perspective on the administration thing. Not worth being stupid over.

2:15 pm - Randomly call Luna because I honestly missed her

3:30 pm - Boys spontaneously erupt into game of Duck Duck Goose which evolves into Musical Chairs.

4:49 pm - Hyper children after activity maim each other with stolen items. Loud for about 15 minutes

5:30 pm - Quiet again

6:30 pm - Child finally leaves for a visit. Amazingly quiet

7:30 pm. - Child returns. After having Coke. Proceeds to attack two children while another one was off the hall. Tackled twice by two different children and also pinched by another.

8:30 pm. - Children finally going to sleep. Three boys in solution and two boys in their rooms for the rest of the night. They get their own special e-mail

10:33 pm - Finish two emails. Send shift report home so I can work on it there.

10:59 pm - Arrive home.

11:15 pm - Bullshit for a while

11:30 pm - Start working on shift report

11:31 pm - Checking out lyrics for obscure song on my mind

11:35 pm - Working earnestly on my craft

12:37 am - Finish & Send after intermittently bullshitting

12:42 - Send another e-mail

12:48 am - Open Post

1:16 am - Publish

No comments: