Saturday, February 24, 2007

On The Road

Coffee Bean came to pick me up with The Dub Rep so we could go surprise Lady Godiva for her birthday. Of course their call to let me know they were outside actually aroused me from slumber. Luckily I had already knew what I was going to wear and I threw it on just as wrinkly as it was. I grabbed the essentials I could think of and was out the door in 10 minutes. I fell asleep before we even got back on the highway.

So after a quick stop at McDonald's we were actually still early enough for Sabbath School. I don't even make Sabbath School when I'm at home and my mom runs our church's version. Jerusha loved it and also told us she kind of knew. And then my battle to keep my eyes open was on. Sabbath School was good. Sparring with stubborn middle-aged West Indian men is always enthralling. The mix of intelligence and assuredness is always a party. And though they are respectable, you know that there is always the potential for a fiery explosion. The mix really hasn't been matched by anyone else.

The sermon was alright. Its redeeming factors were twofold: 1) the title "The Heavenly Breadmaker" sounds like a bad mixtape title so I amused myself for the rest of the day screaming it like a DJ at random intervals and, 2) the quote "A marriage of convenience is destined for hell." I found that to be quite poignant

Of course I was treated to a lovely dinner with the Alberts. Their dad said random things that made me amused. Now we chill and listen to music. Just marking it down for the record. I've run out of things to say.

No comments: