Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Would You Look At That

The day was exasperating for a number of reasons. I was running shift. The children were being as subversive and crafty as they could be. And I was following some questionable orders from the higher-ups. I really wasn't doing too well.

And it showed. For while I poured meds, my co-worker Testimony peeked over the window and started to talk about things. And I realized we were on the same page. I remember when she first came to observe. I thought she would last three months tops. We were head resident assistants of our respective dorms at the same time and I knew her personality. Plus she is rail thin. But she stuck it out and does an amazing job.

And it was nice to hear the reassurances, especially since we were connecting by referencing our shared reverence for God, a quality absent in most of our co-workers. So God sends blessings everywhere. I'm glad he gave me a friend from the most unexpected of places.

No comments: